Thursday, November 20, 2008

“What the hell am I doing here??”

After one screwy cycle test paper everyone starts questioning life. Its funny how the pattern follows, first the cribbing about the paper being lengthy or having out of portion or really complicated questions and how preparing or not preparing never makes a difference.. then about the prof being unable to communicate or teach well and how on top of it he/she is stingy in giving marks or even worse, partial!! Then it starts off with someone saying –“ I should have taken commerce right from school! I dunno what the hell I’m doing here.. ”. That just brings a series of similar passions that were abandoned for an “engineering” college.. stuff like fashion or interior designing courses or maybe joining the army or one of the defense forces (the all-time favourite passionate dream of any kid), or being an air-hostess or a pilot.. “I wanted to be a pilot, but once my cousin told me that I cant be one cos I wear specs :( ”. We probably wouldn’t have become one of these anyways, probably because its one of those things you think you want to do cos it seems cool n all, but when the choice is given, we prefer to choose engineering over our “liked” choices cos we figured that we’re not cut-out for it. Then is Engineering something anyone is cut-out for? Lol.. that’s what we think don’t we.. we’ll know only after getting into it.. I wonder, is this feeling resident only in engineering students or is it irrespective of the line you choose..

2 comments:

Ms.N said...

well, i dont think its engineering per se. but its about taking what the 'safest' and 'most demanded' option is at that point in time. :)

I also think everybody feels this way at one point or another, simply because your interests have changed :).

Anyways,'Bottom line' - its never too late to change and do the thing u always wanted to, but exchanged for something like 'engineering'. :D

Anonymous said...

I've always loved being ur "personal assistant" :) If only the job payed me half ur sal + free shopping n parlour trips + bonus for being ur sis n stuff.. That wud seriously be a dream come true :) :) :D